In Norway, this cure is often called “Rikshospitalet’s soup cure”.
The diet consists of soups you can eat unlimited of the whole week.
For the first four days, eat only fruits and vegetables in addition to the soup. For the last three days, you should also eat protein in the form of meat, fish or chicken without skin.
Recipe for “Rikshospitalets” diet soup
This portion is large and lasts a long time, but if necessary you just make more.
2 cans of canned tomatoes
3 large leeks or Spanish onions
1 pk. noodle
No markup / edit mode defined for desktop
1 bunch of celery sticks
2 boxes of green beans (eg break beans)
2 green peppers
0.8 kg of carrots
Chicken or meat broth (approx. 2 l, take 14 cubes from pk. With 16)
Cut up the vegetables and cook everything.
Also read: Low carb for beginners
Good diet in the short term
– This is a “crash cure” that will have an effect on the most acute weight problems of the type: How to lose three kilos and get into the fine dress? But such a cure should not be abused, says nutritional physiologist Gunn Helene Arsky.
Day 1: Soup and all kinds of fruit, except banana.
Day 2: Soup and vegetables, raw or cooked. (NOTE! Do not eat peas, corn or dry beans.) Eat a baked potato with a little butter.
Day 3: Soup, fruits and vegetables. (NOTE! Not banana, not potatoes.)
Day 4: Soup and at least 3 bananas. As much skim milk as you can handle.
Day 5: Soup, 280-560 g beef / chicken / fish and 4 tomatoes.
Day 6: Soup and lots of steak / chicken / fish and vegetables.
Day 7: Soup, vegetables, brown rice and unsweetened juice. Beef, chicken without skin or grilled fish.
What you can drink: Drink plenty of water, preferably 6-8 glasses a day. You can also drink coffee and tea without sugar.
You should avoid this: While the treatment is in progress, avoid carbonated drinks and alcohol.
The cure should only be used for seven days.
– The reason is that it is not full-fledged in any way, says Arsky.
She believes that the negative thing about such a cure is that you may not learn much about healthy food, and that you risk becoming very tired of vegetable soup. On the positive side, she believes that the cure will work – in the short term.
– If you have major weight problems, this can also be an inspiring start to a diet change, but then you have to make other and more lasting changes after the first week is over, says Arsky.
Also read: Siri (33) took four grips – lost 80 kilos
It is mostly water that disappears
– Following this diet for a week is not dangerous, but also not particularly wise if you want to lose fat mass, says doctor and diet expert Sofie Hexeberg.
– If you basically live on a standard carbohydrate-rich diet with a lot of bread, potatoes and pasta, you primarily use sugar as energy, she explains.
If you only eat vegetables and fruit for three days, the body will still primarily burn sugar and not fat.
Vegetable soup and fruit in moderate amounts do not provide enough calories, and the body will then convert some protein in the muscles to sugar – and still use most sugar as energy.
– With the introduction of meat, poultry and fish, proteins and fats are added so that the consumption of muscle tissue stops. A weight loss of 2-3 kilos is not uncommon, but this is usually mostly water. If you start eating regular food again, you quickly gain the 2-3 kilos you may have lost, the doctor explains.
Crack the slimmer’s worst enemy
Hexeberg believes that a more sensible strategy for lasting weight loss is to become a good fat burner. To become one, one must reduce the intake of carbohydrates significantly and eat more fats and proteins.
She says that a low-carb diet provides a stable blood sugar and thus less hunger and cravings for sweets.
– Hunger is the dieter’s worst enemy and leads to quickly lost kilos quickly recovering, Hexeberg emphasizes.
Also read: Try Klikk.no’s calorie calculator
The doctor’s fat burning soup
This is a soup signed by the English doctor Caroline Shreeve. The basis of the cure is a so-called fat-burning soup, which can be eaten several times a day. Otherwise, you can follow the plan from the first soup (see further up the page).
2 bunches of chopped spring onion, or 1 large, finely chopped onion or leek
Bouquets of 1 medium cauliflower or 1 large broccoli
125 g chopped spinach or chopped cabbage head
1 large, finely chopped pepper (yellow, red or green)
6-8 finely chopped celery stalks
2-4 large carrots in thin slices
1-2 teaspoons cumin and coriander (optional)
No markup / edit mode defined for desktop
4-5 large, ripe tomatoes divided into four boats each
The juice of 1 lemon or 1 lime
1 chopped handful of coriander leaf or broad-leaved parsley
2 finely chopped garlic cloves
¼-½ ts cayenne pepper
Everything except the tomatoes is cooked until tender. Add the tomatoes for the last 5-10 minutes.
Also read: 10 things you can do to lose weight without exercising
Six tips for weight loss
Gunn Helene Arsky gives the following six pieces of advice to you who want to lose weight:
* continue to eat lots of vegetables and fruits even after the treatment – at least twice as much as you used to before you started.
* continue to use the clean fillets of fish, chicken and meat instead of sausage and minced meat.
* continue to drink plenty of water, but also a glass of juice and preferably green tea.
* Choose a coarser bread than you used to eat before the cure, and eat a slice smaller than you used to.
* Use a handful of unsalted nuts as healthy snacks instead of salt, potato chips, chocolate and candy.
* Remember to be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day, even on the weekend!
Also read: This happens with the metabolism if you eat in the evening
* Eaten in herbs such as chili and cayenne, mustard, garlic and ginger. They not only spike the food, but increase fat burning.
* Drink tea. Oolong tea increases energy consumption the most, but this tea can be a little difficult to obtain. Green tea is almost as good.
* Fish fat is very beneficial for metabolism. If you do not choose fish as a protein during the diet, it is wise to take a dietary supplement!
* Drink a cup of coffee an hour before exercising. Caffeine causes fat to be released into the bloodstream so that exercise can burn it.
* Have breakfast.
* Snack instead of eating few and large meals.
Do not forget the training
If you want to lose weight, you will not get away: You have to move!
If you get up from the easy chair and get out into activity, however, the gain does not wait. As soon as you start moving, the muscles require energy, and then the fat cells release fat. Exercise increases your metabolism both while you exercise and sometimes afterwards.
Exercise also increases muscle mass, which is very important if you want to lose weight.
This is something to keep in mind when getting started:
* Find an activity you enjoy and build it into your lifestyle
* do not overdo it, so you get bored very quickly
* Exercise by walking, dancing, cycling or swimming
* Train strength using elastic, weights or your own body weight
This case was first published 13/07 2010, and last updated 07/02 2022