It is important to remember that this is the day of confirmation. Let him or her be allowed to decide the menu.
Sit down well in advance.
Make lists of the menu, shopping, when the food can be made, tableware, glasses and cutlery you need.
It should be nice to plan this together.
To save serving help; make a buffet.
Use the kitchen counter or set a separate table for the buffet.
If you have the opportunity, ask 1-2 girlfriends / friends / neighbors for help in the kitchen. They can refill the buffet and clean up after a while.
The guests supply themselves.
Confirmant’s buffet with steak stew and accessories:
The recipe is for approx. 10 people.
Calculate 180-200 grams of meat per person.
The starter; for example, a cold tasty vegetable soup, can stand on the table when guests sit down.
The stew can be made 2-3 days in advance and stored cold.
IMPORTANT: – cool the casserole dish thoroughly before placing it in a cool place covered with a lid.
The buffet table can be used for dessert and cake table later.
Dessert can be a fruit salad with ice cream or vanilla cream.
The fruit salad can be made the day before and stored cold.
- Beef casserole: a large colorful casserole on a hot plate or in a small fireproof dish.
- Dish with browned mushrooms and bacon.
- Rice, potatoes or mashed potatoes
- Possibly bread
- Have salad and vegetables in bowls / bowls separately, so that each guest can mix their salad, or make a large, generous salad bowl.
- Feel free to place a bowl of grated cheese (parmesan) and possibly chopped nuts.
- Dressings (see tips), fill different dressings in small glasses.
1-2 dressings hold.
They can be made 2-3 days in advance and stored cold.
Gazpacho: a cold Spanish-inspired vegetable soup.
A cool and refreshing soup to be served chilled.
The recipe is for 10 people.
This soup can be made the day before serving.
The soup must be made in several batches in a food processor, or you can use a spoon mixer in a large tub / bucket.
There is often bread in the soup.
One tip is to make it gluten free. Ie. that you serve bread croutons / bread as an accompaniment.
Accessories can also be bacon or fried scampi / large prawns threaded on skewers, which are placed over each envelope
Bread croutons; cut day-old fine bread into cubes, and fry in a little oil and garlic.
Place on kitchen paper and cool.
Or serve the soup with bread and garlic-herb butter.
What you need for gaspacho:
- about. 1 kg peeled tomatoes (preferably canned)
- 3-4 peppers red, green, yellow
- 2 chilies (without seeds)
- 3 large onions
- 3 hose cucumbers
- 5 cloves garlic
- about. 1 tablespoon salt (taste with more salt on the day of serving)
- 5 dl vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 dl olive oil
- white wine or a sour fresh apple juice
- vegetable broth to suit consistency
- 6-7 drops of tabasco -can be omitted
- freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or wine vinegar
This is what you do:
Divide peeled tomatoes, peppers and onions into pieces.
Peeled cucumber and cut into pieces.
Finely chop the garlic.
Put all the vegetables in a work bowl.
Salt them, and let them stand for a few hours and juice.
Put the vegetables and oil in a fast mixer / food processor and mash to a smooth mass.
Dilute the soup with equal parts vegetable broth and apple juice to the desired thickness.
Serve the soup cold, in glasses or large cups that are placed on the table before the guests sit down.
Confirmant’s steak stew:
Calculate approx. 200 grams of meat per person
The dish is gluten-free and milk-free (when the meat is fried in oil / possibly margarine without salt and milk)
- about. 2 kg boneless beef of high back, shoulder or tenderloin
- butter / oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried Provence herbal spice mixture
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 dl tomato puree
- 6 dl red wine, can possibly be replaced with canned tomatoes
- About. 12 veal / beef broth or broth
- 3-4 onions
- 8 carrots
- 4-5 slices of celery root
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400-500 g bacon
- About. 800 mushrooms
- parsley / herbs
This is what you do:
The stew can be made 1-2 days in advance.
Follow cooling tips.
Leave the meat on the kitchen counter to temper 2-3 hours before cooking.
Cut the meat into large cubes and fry it in butter or oil in a hot pan. Fry small portions at a time so that all the meat is well browned.
Place the meat in a saucepan.
Add finely chopped garlic, salt, pepper, dried herbs, bay leaf and tomato puree.
Clean and coarsely chop the onion, or cut into thin boats and sauté the onion in a pan and transfer to the pan.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Stir 3-4 times.
Pour over kraft and wine / canned tomatoes.
Bring to the boil and let the meat soak (do not boil) for approx. 1 hour under lid.
Divide carrots and celery root into sticks / pieces and place in the pot when there are approx. 20 minutes of pull time.
Season with salt, pepper or more herbal spices and 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
Divide the bacon into pieces and brown in a frying pan, place in a dish.
Divide mushrooms into boats and brown in the fat after the bacon.
Mix lightly and season with pepper, crushed thyme and possibly a little salt. Cool completely, set cold with a lid.
Serving Day; heat the casserole dish.
Heat the mushrooms and bacon separately.
Sprinkle over finely chopped parsley in the mushrooms and bacon mixture.
Boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes or rice, and / or bread / rolls, green salad and dressings.
Bread or rolls can be baked well in advance and frozen.
Lightly heat in the oven before serving.
Dressings with sour cream and yoghurt.
Can be made 1-2 days in advance, and stored cold.
It is easy to make the dressings yourself.
Try fresh herbs and other flavorings.
Fill the dressings on tight glass, and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
This means that dressings can and should be made well in advance.
In addition to sour cream dressings, also present olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Dressings for 10 people.
- 6-7 dl sour cream, matyogurt, kesam or sour cream (light)
- 1 dl mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- coarsely ground pepper
Add the taste you want, or make your own varieties.
- About 2 basis dl basic dressing
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or honey
- possibly chopped, fresh herbs
- 2 cups basic dressing
- 2-3 tablespoons coarse strong mustard
- 1 tbsp ravigottesaus
Dressing a la Thousand Island:
- 3 dl basic dressing
- ¾-1 dl sweet chili sauce, possibly a mixture of good ketchup and sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickles
- a little squeezed lemon
Vinaigrette – French oil dressing:
- ½ dl vineddik
- 2 dl olive oil
- Salt, pepper
Start with the sour and whisk in oil.
Season with salt, pepper and possibly other flavorings.
- finely chopped garlic
- finely chopped herbs
- mustard or mustard powder
- lemon juice and possibly finely grated lemon peel (only the yellow), then reduce the vinegar somewhat.
Foccacia on 1-2-3.
The recipe is adapted to a long pan.
Can be frozen or baked in the day in advance, and heated before serving. Or freshly baked; the dough can be made with cold water and 1 tablespoon dry yeast the day before, cover with plastic and set cool.
Bake the same day it is to be served.
What do you need:
- 1 l lukewarm or cold water
- 1 pk yeast (possibly 1 tablespoon dry yeast by cold rising)
- 1 dl + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon honey (can be skipped)
- about. 2.3 l wheat flour
This is what you do:
Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water.
Dry yeast is added together with the wheat flour.
Add oil, salt and honey.
Knead in flour.
The dough should be slightly sticky, like a thick porridge.
Add 2 tablespoons oil towards the end so that it spreads around the dough.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to rise for 40-50 minutes.
Divide the dough into a greased or baking paper-lined long pan.
Fold the dough until it covers the mold.
Let the dough rise under plastic for approx. 40 minutes.
Pour a little olive oil over the ready-raised bread.
Make a hole in the bread with your fingertip, sprinkle with flaxseed salt and possibly rosemary.
Bake on the bottom rack, in a hot oven at 200oC for 20-30 minutes.
Cool on the grill and have a great day!